This could have also resulted because of not enoguh logical paths to the
device. But then you should have seen the same problem with all other
devices in that control unit -- Perhaps you didnt because the operator
re-IPLed.
Was a channel online thats should not usually be online? Or some an LPAR was
active while it should have been deactivated?
 Gil.