I had a guy call me when I was working the VM queue and tell me his DASD was
on fire. I asked him if he'd called me or the fire department first.  - Paul
Hanrahan

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Steve Arnett
Sent: Wednesday, June 15, 2005 1:25 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: 3705

We had an operator drop one of those puppies off of the back of the disk
drive.  Shattered the case.  Taped it together using duct tape(yea, I am
from Texas), mounted it and backed it up with Westinghouse.   Only took
two hits during the backup...both were in unused extents on the volume.

William Donzelli wrote:

>>Would that be the Enterprise?
>>

>Yes, for the 3340. I need even crashed ones (to fix the load
>mechanism).
>
>William Donzelli
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]

>For IBM-MAIN subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions, send
>email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO

to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO Search the
archives at http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html