Ed,
What I meant was that in many shops there are a lot of users who have
implicit access to APF-authorized data sets. And if they wished to
compromise the system they would be able to do so, even though they were
never explicitly authorized to run their own written APF-authorized
programs. There are many potential ways to do this, if the shop is not
properly secured. I could give some common examples from my experience, but
I believe you understand what I mean. A lot of the times they users a not
aware to what they are actually capable (some shops even rely on that fact).
 I did not intend in any way to imply that it is common or that even I have
ever seen it happen that someone was able to become APF authorized because
of a flaw in the MVS mechanisms. Unlike some other operating systems where
it is common, and I have seen it happen :)
 Gil.