From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of McKown, John
Sent: Tuesday, June 21, 2005 1:30 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: LOGR for Dummies?

I've been told that another sysprog was given a method by the ex-CICS
sysprog on how to ensure that no LOGR records were lost. Apparently he
has gone a round tuit yet. Below is the JCL which unloads the LOGR for
one of the regions. I will wait to see what the appropriate method to
ensure no loss of records is. He may suggest your method. However, I
wonder about it efficacy due to the fact that this job is running while
the CICS is up . I.e. the two steps may get different records because
more records could be added after the first, non-delete, copy is run.
No, we cannot take the region down. Not even at 02:30 hours. This is a
political decision, not a technical one. Hopefully nobody is doing
anything at 02:30, but I wouldn't guarantee it.

//CPYDFH5A  EXEC PGM=FILESAVE
//STEPLIB  DD DISP=SHR,DSN=SYS3.FILESAVE.PROD.LOADLIB
//         DD DISP=SHR,DSN=SYS3.FILESAVE.V4R0.LOADLIB
//         DD DISP=SHR,DSN=SYS3.ICEAM1.SICELINK      ALLOW DYNALLOC=OFF
//DFSPARM DD *
   OPTION  DYNALLOC=OFF,ODMAXBF=2M
//SYSPRINT DD  SYSOUT=*
//SYSUDUMP DD  SYSOUT=*
//ARCHIVE  DD DSN=LOGR.PCICS3.DFHJ05,
//            SUBSYS=(LOGR,DFHLGCNV,'FROM=OLDEST,TO=YOUNGEST',DELETE)
//NEWJRNAL DD DSN=TSSPG.FILESAVE.ARCHIVE.PCICS3(+1),
//            DISP=(NEW,CATLG,CATLG),LABEL=EXPDT=99000,      HW20050405
//            UNIT=CAVTAPE,
//            DATACLAS=DCVTPDR1,     VTAPE DUPLEXING FOR ONSITE/OFFSITE
//            VOL=(,,,35),
//            RECFM=U,BLKSIZE=32760,LRECL=0,DSORG=PS
//SYSIN    DD  *
              NEWJOURNAL DDNAME(NEWJRNAL) ALL -
                RECORD(YES)
              COPY FROMJOURNAL(ARCHIVE)