From: Bruce Hewson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, June 22, 2005 12:23 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Upgrading from z/900 to z/990 and Cisco CIP HCD Definitions

Hello Mark,

I dont see why they say that.

I still have Cisco CIP routers connected to my boxes...

I haven't changed their definitions, even though we have upgraded from
9672's to z900's to z990s.

I have both 3172 and SCTC coded for different connections.

They work...so I cant justify changing them.

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 03:54:32 -0700, Mark T. Regan, K8MTR <netsfw-
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>We will be upgrading from a z/900 to a z/990 next month and we still have
some Cisco CIP
>cards to support for one of our customers. I asked Cisco if their CIP
cards support the z/990, and
>they said yes, but they added:
>

>"However from the M/F point of view you may have to define the HCD CIP
definitions as 3172.
>Apparently with some of the new processors you can't define the CIP links
as CTC or RS6K only as
>3172."
>
>Currently we have them defined as "SCTC" and they are connected via ESCON
Director switches.
>Does anyone if we will have to change UNIT= setting or not?
>
>Thanks.

Regards
Bruce Hewson