We IPL weekly - but mainly because we always have, and _some_ PHBs think
that the operations staff needs the practice as well - but the same PHBs
have us automating that shift out of existence so go figure.

I would much prefer to set up a two-LPAR sysplex on our CEC so that the
customer-facing aspects of this thing never go down, and we only IPL one
of the LPARs or the other when we have to  - RAS being one of the few BIG
advantages we have over server hardware in the eyes of PHBs.

(for those few who may not be familiar with the acronym: PHB =
Pointy-Haired Boss, i.e. a manager like the one in Dilbert cartoons)

Tim Hare
Senior Systems Programmer
Florida Department of Transportation
(850) 414-4209