Richard Verville wrote:

My problem is this one.

I have this routine that is notreentrant and needs to be OS loaded (instead
of CICS loaded) and while using storage protection in CICS is has to be in
key9 because the program updating it, is running key9. Right now the key9
program loads it and it gets in Key 8, fetch protected storage. So there
other programs reading it gets a fetch protection exception.

There are many things I don't know about what you're trying to do.

I do know that CHANGKEY is documented as working with SP251. If you make your module an integral number of pages long and link-edit it such that it's page-aligned when loaded, then assuming you can write an SVC or PC that runs in supervisor state and PSW key zero, you should be able to use CHANGKEY to remove the fetch protection status from the virtual pages that comprise the module (the CICS loader always makes modules non-fetch protected.) and/or change them to key 9.

--
| Edward E. Jaffe                |                                |