I think the supposition is that for most people it is easier to deal with
tool output particularly from a supported stable source than to RYO.  Some
would say it is sad but for most the programming has long been removed from
"Systems Programmer".

        Best Regards,

                Sam Knutson, GEICO
                Performance and Availability Management
                mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                (office)  301.986.3574

Jamie Lee Curtis -"You think your an intellectual, don't you ape?" Kevin
Kline -"Apes don't read philosophy." Jamie Lee Curtis -"Yes they do Otto,
they just don't understand it!"