Natasa, WORM and HSM; If this is something you really need, then do what I
suggested in my last post.

WORM and RMM;  as others have said, you cannot returned a WORM to scratch.
However, RMM has some smart stuff in it :-) that knows whether the volume
has been used for user data and will allow you to scratch such a WORM
tape. If the volume is still MASTER, check the release action is SCRATCH
and then release it. It will/should go to scratch.
Alternatives are listed (sorry for the bad list numbering) here
http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/BOOKS/DGT2J101/8.10.3?
SHELF=EZ2ZO10E&DT=20040512154110

Also, a WORM volume can be relabelled to the same or different volser as
long as no user data has been written to the volume.