Listers,

Anyone have any thoughts on this:  I have a large sequential file.  I need to
drop duplicate records from said file.  Sort would work fine if I knew the
correct key sequence.  This information is not imediately available.   The file
needs to retain its input sequence.  Duplicates are always grouped together.

Short of writing a program is there a quick way to fix this?

Thanks

Adrian.

Webmaster, <http://www.losangelesmetro.net>.
Supporter of "Expo Light Rail - Enabler for the Digital Coast"
<http://www.friends4expo.org>.