----- Original Message ----- From: "Perryman, Brian" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Newsgroups: bit.listserv.ibm-main
Sent: Thursday, June 30, 2005 10:52 AM
Subject: Couple of questions on JES2 output handling

Hi folks

I want some types of STC to have their output immediately purged, assuming they complete successfully - repetitive tasks like BPXAS, SMF archiving, things like that. I can see how to do that using JES init statements or commands.

But for other STCs like HSM, RMM, CICS etc I want the JESMSGLG, JESJCL, JESYSMSG etc all kept for a while, regardless of whether they completed successfully or not.

So first question is, can this be done and, if so, how do I go about it please?

Brian,

Even simpler than the MSTJCL hacks propagated by Kojak, try S DFHSM,MSGCLASS=A or whatever. You can even do it without an IPL.

Regards,
Tom Conley