In a message dated 7/1/2005 9:14:35 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

>First feed the DSName into a LOCATE macro, and out comes the
>volser(s).

Can he get rid of the dynamic allocation he's doing,  or does he need
it to retrieve potentially migrated data sets? He might  need to do a
LOCATE, check for MIGRAT and allocate it if migrated. In the  latter
case, a RDJFCB would be faster than a second  LOCATE.

BTSOOM.  I was answering the second round of technical questions  engendered
by the answer to his first question without any thought to the  repercussions.
 This cycle happens over and over again when we offer  solutions to tech
questions, since we don't know everything in the OP's mind,  what his
background
is, or often what his real needs are.  No matter what  one wants to do or asks
about, there is very often more than one way to do it,  and also unanticipated
consequences for doing it each particular way.   Judging from the two
questions asked so far on OBTAIN, I would surmise that the  OP is a systems
services
neophyte and will have many more questions and problems  in completing his ALC
program and making it operationally friendly.

Bill Fairchild