On Wed, 6 Jul 2005 09:20:39 -0700, Edward E. Jaffe wrote:

>Interesting. We no longer have an RVA, so I can't try anything. But I
>seem to remember the NCL going down when we reinitialized a volume.
>OTOH, we did run IXFP. That probably explains why we observed that
>phenomenon.

http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/BOOKS/CP6PIU02/3.2.5.2?SHELF=CP6BKS03&DT=19990405153646&CASE=
http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/BOOKS/C2671784/5.6?SHELF=C2673780&DT=19990712113601

"It is also recommended that Interval DDSR be run immediately after
reinitializing a RAMAC Virtual Array volume, after restoring a new RAMAC
Virtual Array volume, and after running a utility such as IBM's DFDSS DEFRAG
on a volume."

Norbert Friemel