On Thu, 7 Jul 2005 21:11:13 +0200, R.S. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>IMHO it is also worth to say about LPAR weights with zAAP aka IFA.
>I was told (it's not my observation) about some gotcha's when different
>types of processors (CP, IFC, IFL, IFA) are in use, especially when CF
>LPARs are in use (due to 'active wait').

The gotchas are because they share the same weight pool as IFL and IFC
(not general CP).  Setting the proper weights is not intuitive and can
be tricky.  Search IBM techdocs for the latest copy of this white paper:

"z/OS Performance: Capacity Planning Considerations for zAAP Processors"

Cheers,

Mark
--
Mark Zelden