So, we come into philosofical considerations.
After VSAM restore (bacause of job failure) we have reorganized cluster. Assumed logical backup/restore. BTW: We say 'cluster', but the considerations are mostly for KSDS or vRRDS. There are no splits in ESDS, LDS, or RRDS.
Ab ovo: What stats are for just-restored cluster ?
I guess that "original" - from the time of backup.
Second guess - zeroized, like for just defined cluster.

BOTH statistics are incorrect, when we want to decide about reorganization. As Ron F. pointed recently, the numbers are important when we know WHEN the splits occured, what is split distribution, I/O trends etc. BTW: The last one is possible to collect - it is enough to write down the statistics before after every close. I mena some historical file. Just additional step using CSI or something.

--
Radoslaw Skorupka
Lodz, Poland

Ron and Jenny Hawkins wrote:
Radoslaw,

As far as I recall it uses Export for Catalogs and REPRO for other VSAM.

Ron

Unless it was physical dump. It depends on backup technique and datamover.
BTW: is it REPRO or EXPORT ?