Paul Gilmartin wrote:

I find that when I go to ISPF 3.4 and type 'D' before a few
dozen data set names, my terminal is unavailable for an
uncomfortably long time during processing.

I used to experience similar delays when deleting large numbers of data sets. Then came Enhanced Catalog Sharing (ECS) and that changed everything.

Issue the 'f catalog,ecshr(status)' system command to find out if you're using this important catalog performance enhancement.

| Edward E. Jaffe                |                                |
| Mgr, Research & Development    | [EMAIL PROTECTED]    |
| Phoenix Software International | Tel: (310) 338-0400 x318       |
| 5200 W Century Blvd, Suite 800 | Fax: (310) 338-0801            |
| Los Angeles, CA 90045          | http://www.phoenixsoftware.com |