John S. Giltner, Jr. wrote:

Based on what I think you want to do, as Sam said, you need a MPF exit. Even then, I'm not sure you can get it in the joblog and not into syslog. I never had a reason to have a message in the joblog and not in syslog, so I have never looked, I have always just assumed that everthing in the joblog was always written to syslog.

Route code 11 is not intended to go to syslog/operlog. To fix this problem dynamically for the running system, someone must issue a command similar to the following:

V SYSLOG,HARDCPY,ROUT=(1-10,12-128)

WTO is Write to Operator. In this case the "operator" is the console and syslog. The SDSF "log" is syslog.

To both sentences above, append "... and Operlog".

Is there a reason that you want to use WTO and NOT have it show up in the syslog? The whole reason for WTO is to let the operators know what is going on. If you don't want the message on the console or in syslog, who is the intended target for the message?

You can look that up for yourself. He has coded DESC=(6) and ROUTCDE=(11). Those keywords describe both the type of message and the "target" audience.

--
| Edward E. Jaffe                |                                |