Andy,

What kind of chpids do you have and what kind of cards are in the EMC
boxes (or that you can get to put in them)?  Then, how are your tape
drives attached?  ESCON is slower than FICON is slower than FICON
Express is slower than FICON Express 2.  The limiting factor is the
speed of the slowest component.  We have been able to sustain throughput
of over 100Meg/sec, but all our tape and disk is FICON Express, and all
our directors and connectors can support that speed.  It just depends on
what you've got to work with.

Jim Horne
Lowe's Companies, Inc.