Hi Christian.

Our MAXVIRT is now 4MB (up from a humungous 256K!) for LLA and IGGCAS.

Is your 64M definition for one/both of these?

I have a suspicion that some level of LLA trimming is always going to occur.

It would be good if one of the IBM'ers would chime in with some Rules of
Thumb as to what are "good numbers" for trimming. Can't find anything in the
fine manuals that gives this info.

BTW, the best source of info I could find on how VLF and trimming works was
in a US Patent, of all places. See e.g.
http://www.freepatentsonline.com/5134696.html

Cheers,
Fred