--- Bruce Black <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> In any case, DSS writes blocks up to 64K (even
> though the DCB info says 32760).

Right, first thing learned. This info is contained in
the DFSMSdss Diagnosis Guide which is unfortunately
not available to all user.

> You can't copy a DSS backup (or an FDR backup) with
> IEBGENER, the output will not be usable).

Second thing learned, I didn't know this. You guys and
IBM confirmed this, too. I will have to use COPYDUMP
and be glad that in the past we had no need to use the
IEBGENER copies of the dumps. They would have been
useless :-(

Thanks very much to all who answered to my post.

Walter Marguccio

P.S. Radoslaw, what is EHPO ?