Marian Gasparovic wrote:

As usual, when I ask question I find answer shortly after :)
This is from the same redbook

The FICON channel at each end of the FICON CTC connection, supporting the FCTC
control units, can also communicate with other FICON native control
units, such as disk
and tape.

So chpid is type FC and then there are CU of FCTC and 3990.
I like to answer myself :)

My $0.02:
The requirement for CTC is to connect FC chpid to switch.
So for ESCON CTC you need at least two chpids, but you don't need switch,
for FICON CTC you need only one chpid, but you also need switch.

--
Radoslaw Skorupka
Lodz, Poland