Yeah right,
OK, one last POR to enter the PORless era.
Remember how often we were promised that this was the "last JES upgrade that
needed a cold start"?

Kees.

"Birger Heede" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>...
> Why wouldn't it arrive powered on? ('POR' should be retired)
>
> Birger Heede
> IBM Software Group
>

> Vernooy, C.P. - SPLXM wrote:
> > "John Eells" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> > news:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>...

> >>Interesting typo for what of course is really z/OS 1.7!
> >>
> >>--
> >

> > IBM's algorithmes of numbering products have always been a mistery, so
we
> > will not be surprised by whatever the name will be of z/OS 1.7's
successor,
> > maybe 7.1 -;).
> > If so, considering the large jump in numbers, the jump in technology
will be
> > of the same magnitude, so I bet on a DVD incorporating microcode,
operating
> > system, DB2, IMS, Communication Server, etc. etc., all loaded into the
HMC,
> > activated by a single POR. All, of course, upgradable via concurrent,
> > non-disruptive maintenance by IBM engineers.
> > Disaster strikes at unexpected moments, we only have a couple of months
> > find new jobs...
> >
> > Kees.

e-mail, and delete this message. Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij NV (KLM),
its subsidiaries and/or its employees shall not be liable for the incorrect or
incomplete transmission of this e-mail or any attachments, nor responsible for
any delay in receipt.