 I thought this list was
about people helping each other, not experts talking to themselves.

Only after some due diligence is done by the poster.

I don't know where the line is, but I have seen a lot of 'homework assigment'
questions.

And, if you know how to allocate a dataset (to cite this example), you should
know how to de-allocate it.

I admit I get involved in the OT discussions, but I still think we are not here
to teach a rookie; rather to help them become better.
AFTER THEY COMPLETE THE BASICS.

Again, expanding on the example, I have no problem explaining why a dataset
won't 'FREE', but I don't think we should explain 'FREE'.

BTW, you can 'FREE' either by DDNAME or by DATASET (if it's not part of a
concatenation).

OR, you can use:

ALLOC ... REUSE

-teD