Ted MacNEIL wrote:

It has -NOTHING- to do with negligence on the part of DB2 development!!!
This is a system integrity issue. There is nothing the DB2 folks could
do that would change the outcome.
The real issue is that people insist on starting and stopping DB2

You're an enthusiastic prosletyser of the panacea you believe in!

The real issue is that the asid should be re-usable after the job is terminated.
We can figure out that it's 'bad'; why can't we fix it?

If they were re-usable, everything else would be a non-issue!

While I agree that 're-usable DB2 asids' would be fine, I have to admit it is not necessary: 1. There is no real need to recycle DB2. Even physical volume dumps can be done between 'set log suspend' and 'set log resume'. 2. If you really closed DB2 it means you closed the application. You have outage. You can re-IPL the system.
Of course you can have another not-suspended activity on the same LPAR...

Just my $0.02
--
Radoslaw Skorupka
Lodz, Poland