On 25-Jul-2005, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Scott Rowe) wrote:

> >Don't think we'll see many converts unless they can offer a gaming
> >option, but the gamers are far out in front(as usual). The high
> >end games now run under DOS and manage the graphics and sound
> >themselves.
>
> It seem rather strange to me that you would omit the statement that started
> this whole issue.

Not wanting to continue this argument - I am wondering how much demand there
will be for business applications to handle graphics and sound in advanced ways.
  Certainly there will be continued needs to use such for identification
purposes.   Maybe salesmen in stores will be told by their terminals the name of
the customer who walked in the door (which the mainframe recognized from the
security camera).    Lots of these applications will want to be in big, fast
databases.

As the ability to do things gets cheaper, users will want to include them with
their other business needs.