In a message dated 7/26/2005 1:53:54 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>ASM will start at most 2 I/Os to a page data set when WLM  managed
>PAVs are in use.  Otherwise it is a single I/O even if the  device has 15
>alias's assigned.

Didn't know that.  Live and learn.  But why?  Something to  do with RSCH?  If
you have one active ASM I/O to a page data  set on a WLM-managed PAV with 7
aliases, can you  do 7 non-ASM I/Os to other data sets at the same time with
standard  SSCH?

Bill Fairchild