If this is what you mean, then I can't see any sense in doing it. Could you
clarify with an example?
One direction:

One site has IMS sharing with another site.
A transaction comes into site 1, and is shipped to site 2 (primary DASD),
I/O is done at site 2, backed up at site one (synchronously), device end sent
to site 2,
transaction results shipped back to site 1.

Bi-directional (requires CF to be, as well):

An IMS transaction comes in (any site), I/O is done, backed up, then results
displayed.

(IBM told me, before I was out-sourced to them, “Eventually”.

-teD

In God we Trust!
All others bring data!
  -- W. Edwards Deming