In a message dated 7/28/2005 1:59:02 P.M. Central Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

I cannot  say for certain, but I would guess that these UNIX functions
are most  likely being used by your TCPIP stack.

Right. If you've got a decent dump you should be able to
backtrack thru the trace table of events. Probably want to
see which jobs were running and what they were doing at the
time. Might be FTP, batch telnet, remote proxy, all manner
of things and something got clobbered along the way. Any abends
around the time reported by EREP can be useful in what was going
on as well as SYSLOG and any SMF30 analysis you have handy can help narrow
it down.