Steve Grimes wrote:

Re:

BTW: life could be easier: temp datasets can be SMS-managed, no problems

with volume use attributes, no need for UNIT, automatic VIO selection...

I've begged. Pleaded. Etc. No avail. Hopefully, we'll at least have SMS managed DB2 storage groups within the next year.

I have one more question, that is hopefully easy; I'm just not sure which manual to look in.

How can I see the list of volumes assigned as SYSDA?

It is not so easy (assuming you don't have MXI or other tools).
You have to check in you current IODF, using HCD.
Choose option 1, then again 1. then your config id (os name) then choose EDT then choose SYSDA, then you'll get i/o addresses of the disk. Then you have to check what volsers are assigned to the addresses.

--
Radoslaw Skorupka
Lodz, Poland