In <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, on 08/01/2005
   at 12:41 PM, Thomas Lawrence <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

>Due to our coming late to the table of zOS, we have an enormous load
>of ptf's to bring us up to the present day, which I requested from
>ShopZ. When they were received it was 4 compressed tapes! Is there a
>way to have IBM break this up so we could apply them much easier?

No, because of prequisite, requisite and ifreq service. You really do
want to RECEIVE the whole thing. Right before you start installing the
service, download and RECEIVE the latest HOLDDATA.

Note that you can be selective about what service you actually APPLY,
but you want all of it on the PTS in case a newer PTF is required to
resolve an error.