Shane,

In Flaubert's much abused words, "Le bon Dieu est dans le détail". The original poster was talking of writing an HLASM routine to (a) cope with an old, old problem that he understood imperfectly and (b) with one that, moreover, the design of PDSEs addresses bang on.

I am not uncritical of the implementation of PDSEs; there are still some few problems; but, as the washerwoman was said to fear that she would grow bored with praising the Lord for all eternity, I am beginning to fear that I shall be required to explain forever that many putative PDSE deficiencies, among them all of the notorious ones, were remedied long ago.

John Gilmore
Ashland, MA 01721
USA