>Timothy, I just scanned the z/OS 1.7 announcement letter 205-167 (on the
>IBM announcements site) and I can't find the reference you mention.  I
>searched for all references to "crypt".  Can you point me to the right
>place?

Here it is:

"IBM intends to deliver a software-based file encryption solution for z/OS
that leverages the existing z/OS key management capabilities provided
within the Integrated Cryptographic Services Facility (ICSF) in 2005. More
information will be provided at a later date."

PDF version of the announcement here:

http://www.ibm.com/common/ssi/rep_ca/7/897/ENUS205-167/ENUS205-167.PDF

Hope that helps.

- - - - -
Timothy F. Sipples
Consulting Software Architect, Enterprise Transformation
IBM Americas zSeries Software
NEW Phone: +1 312 529 1612 (effective 1 September 2005)
E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (PGP key available.)