In a message dated 8/4/2005 12:04:46 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

>I have never heard of ASM treating a contiguous Common+PLPA as a
>single extent, nor have I seen any code in ASM to do  this.

I apologize If I implied that I believe ASM does this in any of my  posts, as
I don't know and have limited experience in page data set placement,  tuning,
etc.  I was explaining how it would make sense from the point of  view of
channel programs [1] if it were done that way.

Bill Fairchild

[1] and IOS, DASD controllers, SECP, PAV, etc.