----- Original Message ----- From: "ibm-main" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Newsgroups: bit.listserv.ibm-main
Sent: Thursday, August 04, 2005 6:40 PM
Subject: Re: EJES vs. IOF??? Try Sysview

You still an employee of CA Norman   ???.
If so, perhaps you should make that more obvious when plugging CA products
like this.

Ed, Bruce, CC, et al make no attempt to hide their relationship with their
employer

Shane ...

Shane,

Norman's never been a product pimp, even when he was with Candle. He's never hid his company affiliation, so I think you're off-base here. Norman's one of the good guys.

As far as SYSVIEW itself, it's a nice product, but SDSF has caught up with and surpassed it in JES spool browsing, IBM has added many of its dynamic functions, and TASID, SHOWMVS, and MXI provide most, if not all, of the display capability, for a lot less $$$'s. Given CA's outrageous price increases and the fact that they stripped capability from Legent license holders, I no longer recommend SYSVIEW.

Regards,
Tom Conley