On 8/5/2005 11:50 AM, Jón Viðar Gunnarsson wrote:
 > Is there anyone out there who has an TSO - exit which I could use
to control which users can sumbit jobs.  I would like to use the exit
to scan the JCL and be able to change to TYPERUN=HOLD in specific cases.

You seem to have asked about two items:
(1) Controlling which users can submit jobs; and
(2) Changing some jobs to TYPERUN=HOLD.

For (1), you don't need exits. You can control this via the JESJOBS support in JES and in RACF (and probably the other security products).

For (2), you probably do need an exit, but as others have suggested, a TSO exit is not really the place for this if you want to guarantee your exit is involved.

        Walt Farrell, CISSP
        z/OS Security Design, IBM