At 18:23 -0400 on 08/06/2005, Thomas Conley wrote about Re: Downloading CBPDO RIM Files:

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert A. Rosenberg" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Newsgroups: bit.listserv.ibm-main
Sent: Saturday, August 06, 2005 3:18 PM
Subject: Downloading CBPDO RIM Files

I have been away from Operating System Support for a LONG time and have
just gotten a job where I am now doing (among other things) SMP Support. I
have been given a CBPDO tape to install but while there is no docs on how
to download the RIM library from the tape (CATCH-22). Can someone please
post the JCL to access this library (ie: The File Number and DSN at least)
since I know it is a standard IEBCOPY step.

Robert,

Use the SMP/E RECEIVE dialog.  It has an option to download the RIM, the
DOC, etc.

Thanks. I'll check that option in my ISPF Screens when I get in on Monday. As I noted, it is annoying that IBM has made my job "Easier" by refusing to supply required documention. How hard would have been to add this information to the Preprinted "CBPDO - Memo To Users" Letter?

Regards,
Tom Conley