Ed Jaffe said;
> XCF is even more beneficial than people might think, especially in
> larger configurations. <mucho excellent info snipped>

Absolutimento! It dribbles, it shoots, it scores. :o)

I'm a fan too. XCF is a real swiss-army knife of a component. It's valid
on all systems (not just a parallel sysplex.) And while you need to be
privileged to set it up (code-wise) you don't have to appeal to a higher
power for a port number or any of that rubbish. The group concept is
cool.

As Ed noted, it's as fast as can it's possible to go when moving data
around. TCP goes over XCF inside the plex.

And (my favorite part) it's really good for maintaining member state
data and driving exits to tell me when other members disappear. Without
that sort of functionality I'd be up to my armpits in protocol code that
I really don't want to have to deal with.

CC