Ed Gould wrote:

On Aug 9, 2005, at 1:35 AM, Shane Ginnane wrote:

Just a quick apology to the BCP (and ancillary product) support teams.

Went back and checked my holddata - *ALL* the holds that referred back to
PTFs were from ...
tada ...
yep, you quessed it - DB2 !!!!.

Shane ...

Shane (or anyone else):

I have seen this handled different ways in different companies. Is there a way that is more popular than others? This question pertains to maintenence and DB2 (and MVS).

1. DB2 in its own zone and let the DB2 people apply maint and new releases.

2. DB2 and MVS in the same zone and let the DB2 people apply fixes.

3. DB2 and MVS in the same zone and let the MVS people do the maint

4. let another group apply maint and let them manage all you zones.

5. Other

Ed

5 - Always DB2 in its own zone. MVS in another.
Then it depends on the site as to who applies maintenance. My previous site, we did all maintenance into product separate CSIs and then let the DBAs perform their post-apply magic. At my current site, the DBAs do it all, which in my opinion is a bad thing.
Paul Gillis