On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 09:58:53 -0400, Thomas Conley wrote:
>From: "Walt Farrell"
>> On 8/10/2005 8:24 AM, Thomas Conley wrote:
>>> I found the PROFILE WTPMSG suggestion in the SDSF online help.  That
>>> fixed the NOT AUTHORIZED FOR JOB, but the NOT AUTHORIZED FOR CMD is
>>> still giving us ZIP.  IRRADU00 does not show any INSAUTH records, and
>>> SAFTRACE is empty. I've got a concussion from the bricks.  We're going
>>> to try some things today to see what we can do.  Please pass along to
>>> the SDSF designer that it would be a whole lot easier if SDSF would
>>> just issue the @#$%^&* ICH408I, without jumping through the PROFILE
>>> WTPMSG hoop.
>>> NOWTPMSG is the default for a new TSO user, so debugging these errors is
>>> a huge PITA.
>>
>> "Not authorized for cmd" is still very vague, Thomas.  What panel/display
>> were you on, and precisely what did you do to get that message?
>>

>Walt,
>
>I get NOT AUTHORIZED FOR CMD trying to purge my own output from the HOLD
>queue.  Another system programmer here gets NOT AUTHORIZED FOR CMD when
>trying to add an initiator class from the INIT panel.

Tom,

Have you tried the SDSF TRACE facility yet?  For the SAF calls you would
issue:
    TRACE 00000080
(or so the doc would have us believe).  There ought to be some hints in the
trace output, after you boil it down.  (The published syntax indicates the
leading zeros are optional, but I recall having had issues with that in the
past.)

You'll need to preallocate an ISFTRACE DD before the TRACE xxxxxxxx
command.  If you don't, it should allocate ISFTRACE to SYSOUT (SYSOUT=what
is the question you don't want to waste time digging for).  And then issue
TRACE OFF to stop the madness.

--
Tom Schmidt
Madison, WI