[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Question: We plan on going from z/OS 1.6 to z/OS 1.7 when its released in Sept. etc.. I'm being told by out security people that we first have to get to MLS as a pre-req. We currently dont use MLS (Multi Level Security) under z/OS 1.6. Im looking at the migration guide from 1.6 to 1.7 on the IBM website and I don't see this a pre-req. Does any know this information yet? Or can point me to the correct book , website etc... I will ask this at SHARE next week but thought maybe I could get the answer before it would make us feel better... Thanks in advance.
<snip>

From an IBM standpoint, at least, MLS is *not* a prerequisite for migrating to z/OS R7. (If it would make you feel better, you can ask me the same question next week at SHARE--or even one of the RACF folk--to get the same answer. ;-)

--
John Eells