Sorry; I thought you said that this program, being usable in both batch and
CICS environs, did not contain any EXEC CICS commands.  If that's true, it
does not need, and you should not specify, any CICS stub at all.  (BTW, the
"requirement" for the CICS stub to be the first CSECT applied to OS/VS COBOL
and the DFHECI stub.)

> Use the
> linkage editor NAME statement to point to your favourite
> entry point (omitted, admittedly but we're all adults here).

We are?

> As for R1? Standard linkage conventions says it points to the
> address of the parameter list and the code snippet, once
> detecting CICS dummys-up the EIBPTR with the address of the
> EIBCAPTR (DFHCOMMAREA being a list of addresses).

OK, now it appears this program is a CALLed sub-program rather than a "main"
program.  Since you snipped out all of your original post, please remind me
where and when the program suffers the "foot warmer".

    -jc-