Pardon? Play computer for a second. I dynamically allocate a load library.
Then I build a DCB and OPEN it. Then I issue LOAD EP=blah,DCB=mydcb. Then I
CLOSE and free the dataset.

Now I have a module in memory and no way of knowing where it came from. If
you can solve that one grasshopper, you can leave the temple.

CC

to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO Search the
archives at http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html

Chris,

Wouldn't it be possible to front-end the LOAD-, LINK-, ATTACH-, XCTL-SVCs
etc. to get the necessary associaton from the DCB to the DSN?

Cheers

Tom

Thomas Ramseier
Bundesamt für Informatik und Telekommunikation BIT Betriebszentrum /
Bereitstellung / Host Informationssystem-Architekt Monbijoustrasse 74
CH-3003 Bern

Tel.    +41 (0)31 323 01 00
Fax     +41 (0)31 325 90 30
[EMAIL PROTECTED]