I already read the explanation for EPW0401, but as I said, there are no
other messages in syslog, FFSTLOGn, NetView.  And no dump.

Craig

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Gabriel Tully
Sent: Tuesday, August 16, 2005 12:05 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Message EPW0401I?

On 8/16/05, Craig Kittendorf <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
> Newbie question:  What do the following messages mean and how should they
be
> handled?
>
> EPW0401I EPWFFST: EVENT DETECTED BY FFSTV1R2 FOR PROBEID EPWHWS71
>
> EPW0401I EPWFFST: EVENT DETECTED BY FFSTV1R2 FOR PROBEID EPWHWSA2
>
> I haven't found any other related messages or dumps.  The FFST OP Guide
was
> no helpful.
>
> Thanks,
>    Craig

EPW0401I procname: EVENT DETECTION INVOKED BY applname FOR PROBEID
          :mvprobeid

             Explanation:  Application applname issued a probe statement
with
             an identifier of probeid.  FFST gathers the requested
             documentation and may save the information in a dump data set,
             and/or send the information (via generic alert) to Netview.
             Messages EPW0402I and EPW0404I should follow this message,
             unless FFST is suppressing the symptom string messages.

http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/BOOKS/epw1a103/A.0?ACTI
ON=MATCHES&REQUEST=EPW0401I&TYPE=FUZZY&SHELF=&DT=19980728141519&CASE=&search
Topic=TOPIC&searchText=TEXT&searchIndex=INDEX&rank=RANK&ScrollTOP=FIRSTHIT#F
IRSTHIT

IBM LOOKAT is your friend
http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver/zseries/zos/bkserv/lookat/

As the explanation says look for more information from EPW0402I and EPW0404I