In <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, on 08/16/2005
   at 03:22 AM, Peter Pfaffner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

>As proposed I will try to answer or comment on some posts:

There are some fundamental inconsistencies in your entire approach.

First, the driving ethos of the open source movement is not based on
"somebody should" but rather on "I would like to". Instead of asking
John down the block to put up a Wiki, put one up yourself and invite
others to update it. You want a z/OS project on Source Forge? Start
one.

Second, the open source movement shares the Perl philosophy: there's
more than one way to do it. Instead of asking people to abandoned,
e.g., the CBT tape, start your own archive and solicit contributions.
The CBT tape didn't start out as a replacement for the other tapes, it
started as one of many alternatives.

>This is sort of an all or nothing approach.

Then it will fail. The open source movement is one of diversity.

>BUT: Please try to avoid this really old fashioned BS(it worked for
>me for decades) approach.

Please try to avoid straw dummies and to address the real issues.