On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 17:40:31 -0400, Bruce Black <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>did anyone notice that the z9-109 announcement includes a function to
>programatically reIPL the system (ala Windows/Intel RESTART).  No
>indication that zOS will make use of this support.  Perhaps it is
>intended for Linux.

Yep, saw it.   It is intended for Linux running nativly in an
LPAR (not under VM  - which already provides a facility for
shutdown/re-ipl of Linux).  What I don't know yet is how this is
different from VM's ability to shutdown and re-ipl.

Mark
--
Mark Zelden
Zurich North America and Farmers Insurance Group