I want to open a new VSAM KSDS and write a record to it then delete the
record so that the file is empty but had it's "Initial Load". I thought
that fileaid could do this as it does it in the online version fine, but I
want to set up a batch job. The initial load is easy enough but how can I
delete a record?

Looks like I'll have to knowck up a quick program to do it, it just had the
ring of something that can be done by fileaid or the like.

Gerry

                      Kirk Talman

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:       IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu

                      M>                       cc:

                      Sent by: IBM             Subject:  Re: Fileaid

                      Mainframe

                      Discussion List

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]

                      .edu>

                      23/08/2005 16:21

                      Please respond to

                      IBM Mainframe

                      Discussion List

Not sure what you mean by "in place"?

We use SORT for that purpose, which requires a file with REUSE attribute
and a work file.  When SORTs are used to update a file "in place" without
using a work file, we call them "suicide sorts".

One could also use IDCAMS for the record creation.

pup

Gerry Anstey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote 08/23/2005 10:41 AM

I'm talking about batch of course!

Gerry

----- Forwarded by Gerry Anstey/JPMCHASE on 23/08/2005 15:41 -----

Hi Listers,

How do you get Fileaid to create and delete records in place for a VSAM
KSDS? I have RTFM'd but it is well hidden.

thanks
Gerry