It has been a while but I seem to remember that if you use the DSN of FORMAT4.DSCB as your target it will ask permission of the operator and if granted, you will have access to the full volume (at which point you can use TTR control cards to get at the needed record to zap).

I am pretty sure that FORMAT4.DSCB only allows AMASPZAP to zap the VTOC. Likewise pointing SYSLIB to a dataset allows you to zap that dataset. I don't recall any functoin that grants privileges to zap anywhere on the volume

--
Bruce A. Black
Senior Software Developer for FDR