You're correct that EDGTVEXT replaces ARCTVEXT and that is the way forward
for the target DFSMSrmm environment.

To maintain DFSMShsm consistency when running DFSMSrmm and Zara in
parallel you will need to call the respective exits in turn.  Therefore as
Zara is in control, this ARCTVEXT exit will need to run as per normal to
maintain DFSMShsm and Zara consistency, but a straightforward "stub/link"
will be required to then call the EDGTVEXT exit to pass the same
parameters to DFSMSrmm, maintaining DFSMShsm and DFSMSrmm consistency.

BTW, this has worked for me on previous DFSMSrmm migrations, as most Tape
Management Subsystems have their own iterations of ARCTVEXT to maintain
DFSMShsm consistency.

Regards, MWM.