Howard Brazee wrote:
On 26-Aug-2005, Steve Comstock <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Then I also went to 204.153.244.171 as
someone suggested to sign up for comp.lang.cobol;
Well, I can read the postings, but I cannot
reply nor initiate posts. There is obviously
some kind of configuration error here, but
I don't see it.

Any suggestions?

I am replying to both the IBM newsgroup/listserver and to comp.lang.cobol. Check comp.lang.cobol for replies.

Well, yes: I see your postings there; but when I reply I always
get "Sending of message failed". It's like I'm a lurker because
I have no other option.

I asked my provider to include comp.lang.cobol with the newsgroups it carries
back when, and it did what I asked, and I've had it ever since.

Well, I just connected to this 204.153.244.171; doesn't
seem to be a way to have a conversation with them, though.

Kind regards,

-Steve Comstock