I've read some IBM redbooks and other documents that in general describe how
you can extend ETR / CLO timer signals through DWDM systems.    What I am
completely baffled by is that the ETR / CLO signals are multimode, and the
cards on DWDM systems like IBM 2029 and Nortel OPTera 5200 that understand
ETR / CLO as a protocol are all singlemode interfaces.    The multimode
cards on the OM5200 do not list ETR / CLO protocols on their menus.   Even
the newer-generation multimode cards in the OM5200 do not list ETR / CLO.
More than one person has told me that they have gotten the singlemode DWDM
cards to work with the multimode ETR / CLO signals.   How is that possible?

--
Will